I bless God every chance I get; my lungs expand with his praise.
I live and breathe God;
if things aren’t going well, hear this and be happy:
Join me in spreading the news;
together let’s get the word out.
God met me more than halfway,
he freed me from my anxious fears.
Look at him; give him your warmest smile.
Never hide your feelings from him.
When I was desperate, I called out,
and God got me out of a tight spot.
God’s angel sets up a circle
of protection around us while we pray.
Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see—
how good God is.
Blessed are you who run to him.
— Psalm 34:1-8, The Message
Delicious Dairy Free, Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Combine these dry ingredients in a medium-size mixing bowl:
2 1/2 c. *blanched* almond meal flour (Honeyville brand is especially good–available online direct from the company or through amazon.com)
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
Combine all the liquid ingredients in a bowl:
1/2 c. grapeseed oil
1/2 c. agave nectar
1 Tb. pure vanilla extract
- Stir liquid mixture into dry mixture with a spoon.
- Blend thoroughly into this mixture:
1 c. coarsely chopped dark chocolate (I use 365 brand Dark Chocolate Mini Chunks available at Whole Foods Market)
- Cover the mixing bowl and refrigerate dough for about 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line two cookie sheets with silicone baking sheets or parchment paper.
- Using 1 heaping tablespoon for each cookie, place the dough onto the sheets two inches apart.
- Press down each cookie with the palm of your hand to flatten.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes — cookies should be lightly golden.
- Allow cookies to cool for 20-30 minutes on baking sheets.
- Serve with your favorite tea.
(adapted from The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook by Elana Amsterdam)